Skip to Content

Institute of Early Childhood

Study Program Advice

IEC - Study Program banner
Getting advice

There are two main types of advice that you may need:

1) Administrative advice 
You need administrative advice if you have a query relating to a procedural matter, e.g. 'how do I go about...?'. Advice in this regards relates to university or departmental procedures and policies, including advice and information about:

  • Enrolment procedures
  • Applying for special consideration or grade appeals
  • Withdrawals, deferrals or program re-entry
  • Exam processes and procedures
  • Procedures relating to changing programs or majors
  • General information about a degree or diploma
  • Fees or payment dates
  • Accessing university support services
  • Procedures related to concurrent or cross institutional study

For all of these questions please seek advice via 

2) Academic advice
You need academic advice if you have a query relating to the academic content of your course, including:

  • Approved list of People and Planet Units for Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)(Birth-12) students
  • Pathway planning (i.e. choosing correct units to enable you to progress smoothly through your program)
  • Credit for previous study assessment and exemptions
  • Advice relating to your academic performance
  • Career pathways and professional accreditation

For these inquiries please email your request, your name and student number to